Computer Assisted Sperm Analyser
The IVOS II hardware platform sets forth the development of the IVOS CASA system:
Smoother, faster integrated stage featuring acceleration and deceleration.
- Thanks to a new stage drive motor, the IVOS stage now can move from maximum speed down to start speed in the blink of an eye.
- Enhanced processing power is supplied by the latest generation of Intel technology – the Ii Series.” With a minimum of 4 simultaneous processing threads, the IVOS is faster than ever.
- A rearrangement of user controls and the addition of inputs on the IVOS front panel make for a better user experience:
- On / Off switch added to the front panel
- Stage LOAD button separated from the JOG buttons to avoid inadvertent stage loading/unloading.
- Four high speed USB 2.0 ports for easy data transfer and connection to external devices
- Blu-ray DVD burner/player – save up to 25 GB of data to Blu-ray Disc
- Ruggedized Medical wide range AC/DC power supply
- High definition 23” 1920 x 1080 wide screen monitor
- Wireless keyboard and mouse means less work area clutter
- 1 Terabyte 6.0 GB/sec 7200 RPM hard drive
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Dual digital monitor DVI connections plus display port connection
- RAID drive option allows dual mirrored drive for reliability
- Windows 7 UltiMate
The IVOS II is an Integrated Visual Optical System for sperm analysis.
Since its development, the name IVOS has been synonymous with fast, accurate, reliable and scientifically tested sperm analysis.
IVOS II KEY BENEFITS
As the only sperm analysis system with an internal optical system, the IVOS II offers distinct advantages to the sperm analysis laboratory. In contrast to the continuous illumination of a microscope, the IVOS uses illumination strobed at 1/1000 of a second to visualize sperm motion. This strobed illumination eliminates motion-related blurring along the length of the sperm head, resulting in precise sperm tracking. By adding an image capture rate of 60 frames per second, you get the highest level of accuracy available today for measuring sperm velocities and motion parameters. For added flexibility, the IVOS performs analyses under three types of internal, strobed illumination: phase contrast, bright field and multiwavelength fluorescence.
Automated, Internal, Heated Specimen Stage
As part of the integrated optical system, the unique computer controlled specimen stage of the IVOS II provides precise control of temperature and position during analysis.
The stage temperature, which may be set from ambient to 40°C, remains constant to within 0.5 °C.
For selection of analysis Multispecies Sperm Analysis Compatibilityfields, the stage may be programmed for either manual or automatic field selection. For at-a-glance monitoring, the current stage temperature and position are continuously shown on screen as a real-time, digital display. The IVOS stage accommodates and automatically adjusts for commonly used analysis chambers, such as disposable fixed-depth slides, cannulas and Makler chambers. In addition, a user-defined chamber setting is available Depending on your need, the IVOS comes with standard Clinical (human) software, TOX IVOS software, Swine UltiMate software, Equine Breeders, Animal Breeders and Animal Motility Software.
Ease of Use
The IVOS II hardware and software have been designed to provide users with a system that offers high-end performance while maintaining its ease of use. The intuitive Windows-based software promotes fast learning and quickly increases the confidence level of users. Since the settings for the integrated optics are made through the software, mechanical adjustments are rarely required. With a minimum investment of time, even users unfamiliar with computers will be performing fast, accurate and reliable sperm analyses. You don’t need to be a computer expert to analyze sperm with the IVOS.
- Redesigned software interface of Version 12 makes operation intuitive
- Up to 7 analysis setups (including optic calibrations) may be stored to memory and selected at the touch of a button
- Patient and sample information easily entered from keyboard
- Simply place the sample chamber on the stage, focus the image, select the fields, and begin analysis
- On-site customized installation and training provided with all new systems
Results You Need
Whether you need basic counts and motilities or detailed analysis of sperm motion, the IVOS II provides you with the results you need. Results for motile, progressively motile and static sperm include actual number counted, sample total, concentrations and percentages. Additional results include averages and distribution bar charts of velocities, motion characteristic and morphometry.
Real-Time Quality Control
The IVOS II provides on demand quality control with the Playback feature. Using image Playback, the accuracy of the analysis is confirmed. To optimize the system, analysis parameters may be adjusted using the two interactive QC Plots or directly from the analysis setup screen.
Rated Moderately Complex by CLIA
Because of its ease of use and high levels of quality control, the IVOS has been awarded a rating of moderately complex by CLIA. This means fewer restrictions for you lab!