HEKA EPC 800
For any researcher who desires manual user control through knobs and dials, while at the same time, longs for some degree of computer communication and automatic control, HEKA is excited to release the EPC 800 USB. This amplifier is truly a unique hybrid patch-clamp amplifier with its design and feature-set primarily based upon the manually controlled EPC 8. The EPC 800 USB can be controlled with any data acquisition interface and can be supported, not only by HEKA software, but also with third-party data acquisition programs.
Operating Modes of the EPC 800 USB
The EPC 800 USB can be operated in three modes: Telegraphing Local, Local and Remote. The decision of which mode to use not only depends upon user preference of whether or not to have the functionality to turn knobs and switches, but also upon what data acquisition software and interface the EPC-800 USB is used with.
1. Telegraphing Local:
- Rear panel telegraphing outputs for Gain, Filter Bandwidth, Amplifier Mode and C-Slow allows third-party acquisition software (e.g. IGOR, Labview, pCLAMP) to read the status of these amplifier settings while recording data. • Manual control by use of the knobs and switches on the front panel.
- Manual control by use of the knobs and switches on the front panel.
- C-Fast, C-Slow and Vp-Offset compensation can be performed manually or automatically with the push of a button.
- Amplifier can be used with any HEKA data acquisition interface (ITC-16, ITC-18, ITC-1600, LIH 1600, LIH 8+8).
- Can be used with any other 2 x 16 bit parallel digital I/O board.
- Acquisition software possibilities include HEKA’s PatchMaster, ChartMaster and EPCMaster.
- Full support of all amplifier functions by HEKA’s PatchMaster acquisition software.
- USB 2.0 communication. Please note that this is a full speed (12 Mbit/s) connection.
- Front panel knobs and switches of the amplifier are inactive, with the exception of the LCD multi-position switch.
- Can be used with HEKA PatchMaster software or EPCMaster in combination with custom software and appropriate interface