A new expandable add-on for whisker-to-barrel investigations, the CED 3901 whisker stimulator is a controller for an array of piezo-electric stimulator elements, offering precisely controlled temporal patterns, with repeatable stimulation. Each 3901 drives 9 stimulator elements and up to 7 can be linked, to control up to 63 elements.
It is mains-powered and is controlled by 8 bits of the digital output of a CED 1401, or by USB. Each of the stimulator elements can be connected to one of four sources; either of the two external waveform inputs, an individual programmable pseudo-random noise generator, or mute.
Software control is provided as a demonstration Spike2 script.
- Precisely control temporal patterns with repeatable stimulation
- Horizontal, vertical and diagonal control
- 9 to 63 output channels ±45 V @ 10 mA
- Drive grids of 3 × 3 up to 7 × 9
- Filtered outputs 2nd order low pass Butterworth (1 kHz)
- Output muting
- Independent pseudo random noise generators
- Adjustable noise levels
- Use with Micro or Power intelligent interface or driven from other DAQ system
- Software controlled - USB or 8-bit digital communication
Size - Micro1401 format: 366 × 48 × 217 mm (14.4 × 1.75 × 8.5 ins) (W × H × D)
Fast Data Acquisition
Low-cost Data Acquisition Unit
for CED Power1401
for CED Micro1401
of CED Data Acquisition Interfaces