Many imaging experiments require the ability to move to multiple locations in a chamber or in a tissue culture dish. Large motorized stages accomplish this, but generally make the microscope into a single-use, motorized imaging station. The form factor of motorized stages usually precludes positioning other equipment such as manipulators at the same microscope.
Now, a simple attachment converts a standard Sutter MP-285 manipulator into the 3-Dimensional Motorized Stage. The 3DMS manipulator and stage attachment can be either mounted on an MT-75 gantry stand next to an upright microscope, or on an MD series stand attached to the body of an inverted microscope. The compact size allows manipulators and other equipment to be used simultaneously.
Refocusing is often required at the different X-Y locations when images are automatically acquired. Normally this requires a motorized focus drive to be added to the microscope. Because the 3DMS is a three-axis manipulator, focusing (vertical movement of the stage) is already built in. Surprisingly, this relatively small package still allows for 25 mm of movement in X, Y, and Z axes with sub-micron precision.
A variety of stage brackets are available to fit the needs of your experiment. Please consult us for further information.
- NEW! Variety of stage bracket options provide increased flexibility
- Highly stable for experiments intolerant of pipette drift
- Submicron resolution and integrated coarse positioning
- 1 inch of motorized travel on all three axes
- Adjustable speed and resolution allows optimization for your experimental setup
- When used with MP-285 controller, has programmable robotics for complex motion sequences
- Continuous display (in microns) of axes positions
- Switch between continuous or single step movement
- Absolute and relative origins
- Remote computer control
- Compact design easily adaptable to your setup
3DMS-100* Table top TRIO MPC-100 controller, 3-axis motorized stage for microscope, stage bracket, connecting cables, power cord and manual
3DMS-285* Rack mount MP-285 controller, 3-axis motorized stage for microscope, stage bracket and 285ROE user interface, connecting cables, power cord and manual
3DMS-200* Rack mount MP-200 controller, 3-axis motorized stage for microscope, stage bracket and ROE-200 user interface, connecting cables, power cord and manual
* When ordering the 3DMS, a stage bracket must be specified. Please list the stage bracket as a separate item at no cost. Additional stage brackets can be purchased as needed.
3DMS-M 3-axis motorized stage mechanical only
3DMS-W201 Stage bracket for Warner Series 20 octagonal (P & PH)
3DMS-W20R1 Stage bracket for Warner Series 20 round (PM)
3DMS-3X31 Stage bracket with 3 X 3 M6 tapped holes
3DMS-PETRI1 Stage bracket for Petri dish and slides
3DMS-BLANK1 Stage bracket - blank
3DMS-CUSTOM Stage bracket - custom design
M100106 Flat side panel for controller (each)
1 No charge when ordering with the 3DMS-200 or 3DMS-285
Travel 25 mm on all three axes
Resolution (with MP-285 controller)
Low: 0.2 µm/step
High: 0.04 µm/step
Long Term Stability
< 10 nm/hour at 24 °C
Precision worm gear capstan drive
RS-232, 9600 baud (1 start bit, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit)
Mechanical 11 cm × 15 cm × 16 cm
Controller 10 cm × 40.5 cm × 31 cm
Manipulator 1.7 kg
Controller 4.5 kg
Electrical 115/230 V, 50/60 Hz power line